Sunday, April 4, 2010

Remembering Myself

I almost died several times.
FIRST walk on the rim happened when i was about one and half months old. My mother relates this story. She says that I am always quiet throughout my childhood. This particular day she kept me on bed and i was asleep. She was busy with my elder brother and sister and with other daily routine of the house. When she checked on noon I was still sleeping. And in the afternoon my maternal aunt (mom's eldest sister) came in for a visit and as usual checked on me first and said to my mom that I was unusually warm and really heated up like fire. And later they knew that for the whole day I was unconscious.
SECOND try was when i was five months old. She says that I was again having this high fever and vomit a lot and nothing else but blood came a lot from my mouth and my family and relatives thought that I almost died. she said that later when a relative visited, saw me and said; oh! this is the one who almost died.
THIRD time I remember well. I went to the sea with my brother and some relatives and friends. This time we went to the then newly dredging south west harbour area. After a deep area there was a shallow area formed by the dredged sand. My brother began to swim there and I followed. When he landed there he realized that the sand was muddy and almost the same instant i landed there after crossing the very deep area. We both tried to hold onto each other and due to the struggle both almost drowned. I do not clearly remember what happened next. Maybe someone came and rescued us or we struggled back. I think my brother would remember this more clearly.
I do remember having that very high fever in my early life again for two or three times. But after that, except for having a fever for very few times, I do not remember getting ill again ever later. I do not remember getting hospitalized either.
FOURTH try was when I fell from the attic about seven or eight years ago. I was trying to come down from a ladder from the attic. When i put one foot on the ladder and left the other from the floor of the attic the ladder slipped and I fell. Hit the railing below and landed on the first floor. My chest hit a 1.5 litre empty water bottle which was standing vertical. She was standing about three meters away. I stood up suddenly and the water bottle was totally crushed but there was no visible injury to the chest. She was laughing and later she said that she could not hold the laugh. At the same time my left foot just above the fingers was swelling. So went to the doctor but he said there was no fracture and its only a minor hairline crack and put plaster. Doctor said there was nothing wrong with the chest or any other bone.
Maybe four times are too less to reach the other side. Or maybe I did not try hard enough to reach to the other side or maybe I was not allowed to enter the other side. Or simply maybe I am on the other side and unable to reach the side from which I came from.

No comments: