Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Adventures of Nulali Pupurupus

Part I – The First Journey

Day 1

Silence is all I hear. A dark empty space is that I see. I felt the cold touch of my friend, Fihali Kurus Kurus. Kus, as I call her, is my only friend I have for now. Today we start a journey to meet the far away princess Nurumus from the land of Khurubus.

My body is blue in colour and Kurus is green. Together we are like picturesque scenery. I am the sea and my friend the vegetation. We look perfect together. The only separation is the white sandy beach that is separating the sea from the greenery. I am constantly moving, silent and deep and my friend always dancing talkative and spreading the wind here and there. I like the company of Kurus and take with me on every journey I depart.

Now slightly we see the distant horizon across the sandy hills. The dawn is cold and pretty. The smell of distant flowers comes with the breeze. The snoring cottages of passing villages hum one by one. And the leaves of the trees dance together. The pale colours of my home town, Poorus, begin to glow slowly as the sunlight wakes from a long and tiring sleep. Now I can see how happy Kurus is as usual always with a smile and ready to start her usual “pak paks”. No time wasted and here she begins.

Kurus: “Luli” (as she calls me), “when can we eat something?”

Me: “We just had a kebus from home, and it’s only a few rukus since then”

Kus: “Uhu, Uhu, Luli, I want to have a raarus”

Me: “hmm…. Ok let’s sit under that tree and then we can have a good break fast.”

It is a big old neekus tree. The canopy is high and spread. Shallow flat roots run making way for a perfect seat.

(hmm… the rest is in my head and will come out soon)

No comments: