Friday, February 4, 2011

0000hrs

I heard that tomorrow (correction: "today", now it is 0045hrs. Sat to write this a few click clicks earlier, but left blank for no good reason) is our national day. Yes again.
I remember writing about this same day last year. That was on 16th February, 2010. Since we mark this day by lunar calendar, there is a twelve day difference this year. For the last five centuries we are marking this day.
I am not confused, but some are for certain. So many calendar systems and even more date differences is something to turn heads around.
At first there lived (i guess) few humans and more other species (like animals). So these few brainy ones must have tried to be too smart and began complicated systems, which eventually confused themselves. Obviously the other types living on this planet did not have to bother about nor need to understand or use these systems.
If we had developed a calendar (i would not have done so) with only one day (imagine that), how simple life would have been. There will be only "today". When we wake up (If we woke to be precise) it will be an extension of the same day, simply after the not-so-lucky break. And for those who didn't make it, it will be the lucky break for them to spend the infinite extension of today where they wouldn't need a break at all (i guess).
What is this thing that we named "time". Our senses cannot sense it, like our souls. We have no control over it. But we proudly say that we have divided it into many so called days and smashed it into some things we call clicks.
Imagine what would have happened if our ancestors had decided to choose a different thinking process along their way. Out of the many, many (am i counting here?) thought processes, if they chose to go another way, have we not progressed further more?
Imagine alone the time we spent counting fingers, sticks, bone marks, chalk marks or whatever. If we chose to use that time for some real productive thinking, Have we not spread across the universe by now?
Lets get real here. I think even I am now wasting precious pupurupus time (my creative time). Yet for now I cannot change what our ancestors did (scratching their heads or running after the opposite, ahh! thats one good thing they did, no wonder why we are here) but I can certainly change how my offsprings (when i get that is, I think this is one very important thing that I haven't learned from my ancestors) think.
When i am sitting here I am alone, and when I walk on the busy streets of the town I am still alone. Yes obviously there is another right now right here and close by. And when I walk on the streets there are many, many more. But like the many other objects around me, the objects that look like my kind of objects, seems to me as moving objects. A building is so still, though the trees slightly wave at me. They seem to come and go pass behind me. The presence that I am here on a "today" seems lacking in everything else. Am I standing on the rim of an empty transparent glass of water. The rest seems like a reflection or a refraction thats always changing. Or am I the water within.
Yes, a nation is out there. Buildings, trees, roads, and many other such things along with so many who have a close resemblance to me, so must be a species having a part of me.
Everything that makes a nation is here, including a national day. The only thing lacking is the connection. A link that connects one another, one object to the other, a building to the surrounding, a space to the place. A transitional space, a threshold.

No comments: