Saturday, May 30, 2009

heritage

early writings, translation with modified extension of a "Dhivehi" (Maldivian) language original written by me in 1988


Histories will it ever go, just as how my eyes close

Without the tears that’s left, just as when my eyes close

Past will it ever vanish, just as how my tongue disclose

Together with the martyrs’ names, surely as when my eyes close

Language will it not be, just as how my liver folds

Beautiful lingo and those people, when seen how my eyes close

Mother land will it not be, just as how my mind unfolds

Glowing like a fairy tale, surely as when my eyes close

Heritage will it ever fade, just as how my hair grays

Without a colour that’s between, just as when go the days

Cultures will it ever pale, just as how a building wears

Leaving behind an empty haze, surely as when my eyes close

No comments: