Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Seafarer's Autobiography

April 22, 2071

Unusual day!

The day cannot be unusual but my thoughts.

Curious, I woke while the sun is still dreaming. I lie on my bed as if floating on sea. My eyes open but no light to see myself. Myself is still and my other self too. Waiting for her to come. Waiting for her warmth to embrace me.

Slowly, and softly, she wakes. Slowly I am seeing myself out from the dark. I can feel the warmth when she touches me gently. Tender indeed is her awakening. Warm, caring and loving.

And today I can tell her that I woke before her. And today for the first time I saw her sleeping. And today for the first time I saw her smiling in a dream. And today for the first time I am feeling the caress of her awakening. I felt because I woke before her. She is rising.

Today is unusual indeed. I have lived for a hundred years. I was born on April 22, 1971.

I am The Seafarer, and I am going to tell you how I felt, how I lived, where I went and what I liked most of you.

 

No comments: