Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Letter to My Soul

Dear Myself (or are you not), then Dear My Soul

Why am I thinking of you when you are about to leave. Or is it the departure that’s hard to accept. I haven’t missed you for the past thirty eight years of your living with me. And for all those years I have not seen you. And now when you are about to leave I would still not see you, but am missing you already.

Your warmth heats my life and falls in salty rain. How strange it is that I cannot even weep when you will be gone. Cold will I be and blue my dreams. You are the yellow in my life.

Are you leaving because I have not spoken to you ever? I wish you could hold me forever.

I wonder why you were hiding all these time. I wish you could walk with me in the rains. I wonder how you would look like. What you will be and why you are here. And last why you will leave me.

Forgive me if I ever hurt you. For I have nothing which you can ever take with you. Except the wind of your song which flows through me like a gentle breeze. You sing every moment my breath which I own not. And take away my smile which I gave not.

My dearest Soul.

This is the moment of truth. The truth which I tossed like the stone washed ashore. Go take with you the twilight of my saddest dreams. But not the moment of my waking eyes. Take with you the darkness of my hazy nights. But not the daylight from the path I walk.

 

No comments: