Monday, May 25, 2009

Self Portrait of My Mind

I begin to know myself. Why? For the simple reason I am the closest to me. And for the weird reason that I do not know myself. I sleep and I wake. And the rest happens in between. My mind is busier than a street scene. And the rest I have to know.

Myself I am simply me. Why would I be someone else? Knowing me is the hardest and the simplest task I have. I am here and my mind is there. Bringing them together is what I am learning. My thoughts sculpt me more than my words or actions. For that very reason I am my mind’s sculpture.

My mind fine tunes my senses. What I see. What I hear. What I smell. What I taste. What I touch. But what about my minds sense of appreciating all these five senses. I may see an object, a person or a place. But are my eyes seeing the “wow” in it. Or is it my mind retuning to create a different perspective. The same is for the rest of the senses. My minds sense to add these five senses and invent an inner sense is true in itself. Far better than what I can do with my physical self.

I am a reflection of my mind. And this is the simple proof that you see me in colour.

I am the colourful reflection in the colourless bubble of my mind.

No comments: